Kainga, where Roses bloom, life is lived at a gentler pace.Living Simply, doing all those good things like stitching, gardening, cooking and reading.

Saturday, February 7, 2015

"Friday Night with Friends Valentines Quilt."

Hello,

Friday Night with Friends was held yesterday, with events like this I like to make a little project and get it done. I discovered a quick and easy pattern for a Valentine's Quilt when I followed a link from the Primitive Quilts and Projects Newsletter. I cut out the squares etc on Thursday planning to sew on Friday but the temptation was too hard to resist. I had most of it joined together and Friday saw me finish it off and start the machine quilting.


 Once again I used the heart design, the small one this time.


 With it being a Valentine's quilt I had to throw in a few cherries. Only a few as I only had a very limited amount of the red thread.


I used a blue fabric on the back that has pink roses and for the binding some fabric that has cherries on it.

Thanks Cheryll for hosting the sew in.

Happy days.
Bev C

23 comments:

Cheryll said...

It was my pleasure to have you over Bev & you completed a wonderful quilt too.
Thanks for joining in with us. xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Bev,wow this is so beautiful,love the colours,well done my friend xx

Karen S said...

Lovely result with your quilt. Great quilting and I love the addition of the cherries.

marina said...

well done on such a lovely finish.
it looks great.

Lin said...

What a great little quilt and a lovely finish. xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely finish Bev. Great stitching with you x

Maria said...

That's lovely, Bev!

Maria said...

Beautiful work on your embroidery machine Bev.
Missed you at our GTG today.

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's really lovely :-)

Jeanette said...

Beautiful quilt. Love the cherries. Hugs,xx

Julie said...

Gosh Bev, thats mind bloggling that you got to finish that so quickly. It looks wonderful too - love the addition of the little red cherries here & there.

Deb said...

Wow! Bev, you did a lot! Love the blue hearts!

Fiona said...

I love the way you are using embroidery for quilt... the little bits of red are perfect...
Hugz

Terri said...

Cute project! Love it. I need to come up with more small-ish projects like this that I can whip up in a day.

Raewyn said...

The hearts are gorgeous and well done on the speedy finish! I can understand the urge to get on with it ahead of time!!

Anthea said...

Clever you! Bev, what a great make, & the quilting is just perfect...

kiwikid said...

A beautiful quilt..great quilting.

Kim said...

This is such a pretty quilt, Bev. 'Tis a gorgeous design. Those cherries are a lovely touch!

Mrs Knitaddict said...

What an exquisite Quilt Bev!
Like all that comes from your hands. Every time I visit your Blog I go very inspired.
Happy Valentines Day!
Dolly

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Bev good quick work there...congratulations!

Wendy said...

It's gorgeous, such a lovely quilt and your quilting just finishes it perfectly! Wendy xx

The LadyBugs Garden said...

Nice job!

Stephanie